We all have them. The day when it seems the universe plots against us by making every minute a struggle with your sanity.
The days where nothing goes “right”! Why does this happen? Is it possible that this whole cycle started the night before?
The answer to that question is “YES”! It is quite possible you did not get the sleep your body needs.
Did you know that humans are the only mammals willing to delay or sacrifice sleep? Do you know what the consequences are of depriving your body of this restorative cycle?
Here are just 5 ways you are affected when you do not get the recommended 7 hours of sleep per night:
- Your immune system is not working at optimal capacity and you succumb to germs easily. Not only will you be more prone to catching colds, it will also to you longer to recover.
- Your mood is up and down. Your lack of sleep causes you to be more irritable and less patient. Not to mention that you more likely to be unhappy or depressed.
- Your memory is not so reliable. You have a tendency of forgetting things often and your long-term memory is foggy or non-existent.
- You are more susceptible to developing migraines, heart disease, diabetes or Alzheimer.
- You are easily distracted and more impulsive.
Needless to say that it is not always possible to get 7 hours of sleep every night, however we should try our best and give it the importance it deserves. Developing good sleep habits is important not only your physical health but your mental health as well.
Next Steps: Let’s talk about how you can help yourself become a happier person by having a great day! Click HERE to find out more!